Injury Reporting & Medical Treatment
- Call 9-1-1 for medical emergencies.
- For any work-related death or serious injury or illness, immediately call Environmental Health & Safety at (831) 459-2553, after calling 9-1-1.
- The injured employee reports the injury to their supervisor and both complete the Employer's First Report of Injury (EFR)* within 24 hours and it auto-submits to Risk Services. The Investigation Information section should be completed within 72 hours from the date the incident was reported. For assistance, please contact workers’ compensation (831) 459-2850 or (831) 459-1787.
- If the employee requests medical treatment, then the supervisor completes the Employee Authorization for Medical Treatment of Occupational Incidents form and provides to the employee to seek medical care.
* To access the online reporting form - go to Employer's First Report of Injury (EFR), then click on "Login" and log in with your CruzID and Gold Password. Click on "Create Claim."