Insurance for Students


The University of California strongly recommends renters insurance for all students. UC Santa Cruz students who apply for university housing will be provided with information on the GradGuard™ Renters Insurance Plan during the application process. Students who reside off campus can apply at CampusConnexions.  


The University of California recommends that students consider purchasing Tuition Refund Insurance to help protect them financially in case they need to withdraw for covered medical reasons. Tuition Refund Insurance is offered through Campus Connexions


Business - insurance for travel on official university business (including academic courses) is available. 

Personal - Office of President Office of Risk Services has worked with the university's travel insurance carrier, ACE USA, to develop a program that employees and students can purchase for personal travel.