Insurance & Claims


If an incident or loss has occurred, see Claims for assistance. Find out about reporting, deductibles and property losses

Insurance Programs

UC Office of the President Risk Services provides systemwide programs of insurance. Often university units or departments do not need to apply for insurance but for some types of insurance action is required to obtain insurance. If you need help with insurance send an email to, call 831-459-1458 or 831-459-5154 or find information about Workers' Compensation here, call 831-459-2850 or 831-459-1787. 

Insurance is required for outside contractors, vendors, consultants and external users (event holders) doing business with, or having events at, the university. 

The university may be required to show proof of isurance by presenting the UC Certificate of Self-Insurance Coverage

Campus Connexions can help students, vendors and contractors, foundation and support groups, sports clubs, students, faculty and staff to obtain insurance. The University of California recommends that students consider purchasing Renters Insurance and Tuition Refund Insurance. This insurance is not mandatory and may be purchased from any source. 

Need help with claims or insurance?

Contact or call us at 831-459-1458 or 831-459-5154.