Travel Insurance & Resources

The university has arranged for employees and students traveling on official university business to be covered for a wide variety of accidents and incidents while away from the campus or primary workplace at no cost to the traveler or their unit. Key benefits of the travel program include the UC Trip Planner for planning your trip, travel alerts and emergency medical services, emergency travel services, information services and security evaluation services. The UCSC Travel Brochure and the Guidelines for UCSC Students Traveling Abroad provide additional information. 

If your travel involves field research, then please contact and refer to the UCSC Environmental Health and Safety Field Research webpage for more information.

Not traveling for university business? Get information about Personal Travel Insurance.

Register Your Trip

Trip registration is required for University related trips out of state and to foreign countries. Connexxus usually provides automatic registration. However, there are some exceptions so please double check when booking your travel through Connexxus. If travel reservations are made by an agency outside the Connexxus Travel program, then trip registration is required.

Click here to register your trip at UC Away. Upon registration, the UC traveler should be provided with information to use in an emergency. If you have difficulties with the UC Away application, then Risk and Safety Solutions can help. Contact them at or 530-638-3375. 

Activate Your Account

After registration, a welcome email from will be sent to the traveler with a link to activate their account and provide emergency contact information. After the account is initially activated, travelers can access their account at to update their emergency contact information, review their trips, access location information, travel tips and more. If you have difficulties with updating your account or accessing the website, please contact WorldCue at or 877-606-4538.



In the event of a loss during travel, use the following claim forms to submit a claim. Helpful contact information is listed on the forms.

Office of the President’s website has information about:

  • General trip insurance information
  • Employee resources & claims
  • Student resources & claims
  • Travel assistance actually provided to UC
  • Travel assessments
  • Other travel-related resources
  • UC Personal Travel Program - available for purchase by UC faculty, staff, students and retirees for their personal travel

 Other resources:

If you have any questions contact or call us at 831-459-1458 or 831-459-5154.